Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gotta Love Barbecue

The second weekend in May we spent all day attending a huge smoker in the back yard. At the end of the day we had chicken, ribs and Boston butts ready for the Mother's Day celebration we were hosting the next day. The smoker is so big that we filled it up and had tons of cooked, seasoned meat to put in the freezer. Tonight we are having barbecued pork sandwiches with some of that leftover meat.

I like to fry new potatoes with the peeling still on them and I have a bucket full of red and white new potatoes fresh from the garden. Scrub them well, quarter and slice them and boil them in salted water till almost done. Drain well. In a heavy skillet, heat oil or butter and a sliced of onion till the onion starts to brown. Add the potatoes and cover till the potatoes are cooked through. Remove the cover and let the potatoes get crispy.

I will also slice some other fresh, yummy goodness and serve with my favorite dressing to dip them in. I am not getting much produce from my garden yet, but I have cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers from the gardens of my family.

Enjoy the fresh produce ( the Farmer's Market is open 2-3 days a week) and the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment