Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meatloaf isn't a Bad Word!

Meatloaf tends to have a bad reputation. What is it? What is in it? How can you eat that? In my kitchen, meatloaf gets a different reaction. Yum! That's my favorite! Can you pack that in my lunch tomorrow?

My kids love meatloaf and I very seldom have leftovers. I think the secret is in the sauce. I mix 1/2 cup of ketchup with 1/4 cup of brown sugar and spread it over the top. Then I finish the meatloaf under the broiler to make the sauce caramelize. Yum!

The meatloaf itself is pretty basic. 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon wochestershire sauce, mix together and bake in a loaf pan at 400 for 1 hour. If you line your pan with aluminum foil, you can lift the meatloaf right out with the edges of the foil.
Last night we had the meatloaf with mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and brussels sprouts. yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment