Thursday, June 10, 2010

As if Hot Dogs Aren't Bad Enough

My kids call these Barbecue Bacon Dogs and they LOVE them. I mean really, can you screw anything up (especially a hot dog) by adding bacon?

For this recipe I like the pre-cooked bacon you can get at the store because it is cooked, but still soft enough to wrap around the hot dog. The bacon will crisp up on the grill. As you grill the hot dogs, baste them with barbecue sauce. When they are nearly done, cut a slit down the length of the dog, and fill with cheese, wrap the dog with bacon and return to the grill until the bacon is done and the cheese is melted. Serve on a but with whatever topping you like. Bratwurst work well for these, too.

I will serve these with fries and grilled veggies (tonight I am cooking some okra I froze last summer and some fresh squash from Daddy's garden.)

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment