Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ham Hash!

Everybody loves easy meals. Even people that love to cook want something they can just throw together sometimes. Tonight I am looking for a meal like that. Yesterday I cooked a smoked picnic shoulder in the crock pot. It was fantastic, falling apart tender, and made an amazing ham sandwich for supper last night. Tonight I am going to make "breakfast for supper " with the left overs.

I will start by frying up a bag of frozen hash browns. This is the base for the meal. My darling, picky husband will eat these, the ham chopped up on top and sprinkled with cheese and that is it, but the kids and I like other things on ours.

In a small skillet, melt a bit of butter and saute some chopped sweet onion until brown (or nearly so). Set aside. In the same skillet saute some sliced mushrooms, too. This step can be done together, but I like both and the kids each like one or the other, so I can't mix them. Chop the ham and mix into the finished hash browns. Top with the onions, mushrooms (bell peppers are nice, too) and sprinkle with shredded cheese. When you spoon onto the plate, top each serving with a fried egg.

Add biscuits on the side and you have an easy, quick, "breakfast" for whatever meal you want.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment