Monday, June 7, 2010

leftovers!

Over Mothers Day weekend my husband and I filled up a borrowed smoker with Boston butts so we could feed his family on the holiday. After the party was over we cleaned up the leftover meat, separated it into meal sized portions and froze it for later. Today is later.

I am planning barbecue pork sandwiches for supper. Shred/chop the pork, add enough water to stir, about 1/4 c each Worcestershire sauce and barbecue sauce, simmer till thick and serve on buns with pickles, onions, whatever you like. I am making potato salad and slaw to go with this. If you follow these posts, you will have seen my potato salad recipe before, so here is how I make slaw:

Shred a 1/2 head of cabbage, add 2-3 cored, chopped sweet apples (we like gala), and a couple carrots, shredded. Some people add onion, but we don't like onion so I don't add it. For the dressing, mix 3/4 cup mayo with 3 T sugar, 2 T vinegar and mix well. My daughter likes about 1/4 cup of raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing mixed in. Toss with the cabbage mixture and chill.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment