Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Apple and Onion Pork Chops

This is a very seasonal dish. It just seems "fall" to me. I serve it with sweet potatoes and turnips (I am the only one who actually eats the turnips) to round out the seasonal feel.

Start by melting a couple tablespoons of butter in a heavy skillet. Add a couple thick slices of onion (feel free to use more, my husband just isn't a big fan) and cook till starting to brown. Add the pork chops and brown on both sides. Then slice 2 apples, peeled and cored,(or more if your family likes them a lot) over the chops, sprinkle with 1/4 c brown sugar, 1/2 t cinnamon and cover. Simmer on low until the meat is very tender.

The kids and I like the apples and pork together, my picky husband only eats the meat. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment