Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Taco Pie

It is a cold dreary day with ice and snow forecast for tonight. This is a take on a meal I vaguely remember from my childhood, with a few of my own touches thrown in for good measure. It is basically a taco, baked in a crust. I think my kids will like it and I hope you do too.

Mix up a package of corn muffin mix, I added some frozen corn for texture, and spread it in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 400 until set. While the corn bread bakes, brown and crumple a pound of ground beef and season with a packet of taco seasoning. When the corn bread is done, spread with 1 can of refried beans, 1 can of black beans, the ground beef, and top with a package of shredded cheese. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Cut into squares and serve, topped with your favorite taco toppings.

If you make this, let me know what you think. Happy Snow Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment