Saturday, December 11, 2010

Feeling Fudgy!

Yesterday I posted a recipe for bourbon balls, they are sitting in my fridge waiting to be dipped in chocolate. Today I am making peanut butter fudge. This recipe can be made with crunchy or creamy peanut butter, depending on your preference. I will have to make two batches because the kids and I like creamy and my husband likes crunchy!

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth; pour into an 8x8 inch dish. Chill until firm and cut into squares.

I use real butter, but you can use margarine. As always, if it is raining, this probably won't set up. It has something to do with the humidity in the air, although I have heard that you can reduce the liquid but 1 or 2 tablespoons to make up for this.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment