Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Been a While . . . ,

I haven't been here in a while, I guess I just fell out of the habit of posting every morning. As some of you may know I have recently gone back to work (outside the home) and that makes the act of planning and cooking supper more of a chore and less of a joy. In an effort to re-inspire myself (and you), I am back at my keyboard, to share my ideas.

Tonight I am making crispy pork over rice. I started with a family sized package of boneless pork ribs, cut into about 1 inch chunks. Toss the pork with 2 t cumin, 2 t Italian seasoning, 1 t garlic powder, 1 t onion powder (I like 1 t red pepper, too, but my kids think that is too hot). Put this in the fridge and go to work, it will marinate while you are gone. When you get home, drizzle about 2 T olive oil in a pan large enough for the meat to lay in one layer, and preheat the pan and the oven to 375. Add to pork and stir every 15 minutes or so until done and crisp (about an hour). Make enough rice to feed your family, set the pork out of the pan, and scrape up all the yummy bits off the bottom, into a pan with a can of beef broth. Simmer til reduced about 1/2. Serve the pork over the rice, with the broth over the top.

I am serving potatoes and Lima beans on the side. Please let me know if you try this and like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment