Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chess Bars

It is a beautiful sunshiny day here in the greater metropolitan area of Whitesville and I am thinking it would be a good day to get outside and do some yard work, maybe start cleaning up the area where my vegetable garden will soon be. The kids have already requested spaghetti for supper tonight and since that is SO easy I will spare you the details. However, I made chess bars to send to work with my wonderful husband today, so I will share that recipe with you. They taste like lots of work went into them, but they aren't that hard.

Start with 1 box white cake mix, 1 stick butter, melted, 2 eggs. Mix well, it will be very thick. Spread in a 9 x 13 cake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Now mix 1 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened, 1 egg, 1/2 stick butter, melted and 2 cups powdered sugar, until smooth. Spread this over the cake mix batter, almost to the edges. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes, let cool before slicing. YUMMY!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment