Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

Today is going to be crazy! I have a doctor's appointment this morning and I have to report to jury duty this afternoon. Not to mention the usual craziness of my life.

To take some of the hectic out of the day, I have put a package of chicken thighs in the crock pot. Seasoned with a few herbs from the garden outside my kitchen (oregano, thyme and rosemary), these will make a basis for supper. When I get home, I will pick the chicken meat off the bones, chop it, add a can of mixed veggies, a can of cream of chicken soup (or a jar of chicken gravy), maybe a handful of shredded cheese and dump it all in a frozen pie crust. Top with another crust (don't forget to cut a few slits in the top crust to vent the steam) and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

Now, if I had time I would peel, cut up and cook my own veggies to go in this, potatoes, carrots, corn and peas, but today I just don't think I will be able to do it all. Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment