Saturday, April 3, 2010

Enchiladas

I am sitting in the dark living room before 7:00 a.m., listening to the rain through the open windows. I love springtime. My husband had to work today, but the kids and I will be dyeing Easter eggs and cleaning house to get ready for the big holiday tomorrow. Tomorrow I will be posting a recipe for the best chocolate cake you ever ate, but today I will stick with supper.

I have a package of beef stew meat I am going to simmer in a packet of taco seasoning mix in the crock pot all day. Ground beef, browned, drained and seasoned for tacos works as well. Shred the meat, and spoon about 1/4 cup in a line on a large flour tortilla, top with cheese, fold in both ends and roll up. Place seam side down in a 9 x 13 pan and repeat until you are out of meat. Top with Enchilada sauce (it comes canned or in a packet. I have never tried to make it homemade). Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

I usually serve this with salsa rice (substitute 1/2 the water with salsa, cook according to the directions, sprinkle with cheese) and refried beans.

Happy Saturday in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment