Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Springtime Salads

This is the time of year that makes me crave fresh veggies, anything that doesn't come in a can. I found broccoli on sale this week and made a big bowl of fabulous salad. The kids (well, one of them, anyway) love it and I can make it once and serve it for as long as it last. My daughter even takes it in her lunch to school.

1 large head of broccoli, chopped, 1 c raisins, 4-5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, 1 small package sliced almonds, 1 c cheese crumbles, mixed well in a large bowl. 1 c mayonnaise, 1/2 c sugar and 2 T cider vinegar, mixed together and stirred into the veggies, chill and serve. YUM!

The original recipe called for red onions and cherry tomatoes, too. We don't like onions and I didn't have the tomatoes, but we like this like it is. I think you could use cauliflower in place of some of the broccoli, sunflower seeds for the almonds, the possibilities are endless. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment