Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday again!

It is Monday, spring break and the NCAA championship game. My husband has the type of head cold that makes you crave something spicy because you can't taste anything else. I haven't done game food in a while and it seems appropriate tonight.

My kids have been asking for chicken nuggets, so I will make those ( boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks and tossed in shake n bake). For the grown ups I will make a spicy, sauce for the chicken. Melt a couple T butter, add a dash of garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper, 1/2 c hot sauce, 1/4 c honey or molasses and 1/4 barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil and toss with the chicken.

For a buffalo type sauce, leave out the honey and the barbecue sauce. I will make fries to go with this, maybe some veggies (carrot sticks, celery sticks, etc.) If you are in a time crunch, you can use frozen chicken nuggets or tenders.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment