Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Comfort Food

Tonight I am going to grill the last of the okra, some smoked sausage and make some au gratin potatoes, Jeff's favorite.

These potatoes are a little more work than a box mix, but they aren't hard and they are so much better. I usually shred my potatoes, but you can buy frozen hash browns, a little chopped onion, a can of cream of chicken soup and 1 1/2-2 cup shredded cheese. Mix well and bake, covered at 350 for an hour, or until the potatoes are tender.

To make it mix easier, pour the soup in a pan, add the cheese and warm till melted. If you make it this way, you can add a little cream cheese or sour cream and whisk till smooth, them mix with the potatoes. Fantastic.

There is just something about creamy, warm cheesy potatoes that is soothing. Maybe that is why I want potato soup when I am sick.

Enjoy your comfort food and this beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment