Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fried Ice Cream

Today looks like it is going to be crazy! We are having a family lunch and my grandmother's, then going to pick corn to put up for the winter. We are just grilling burgers for supper because they are quick and easy. I have had several requests for my fried ice cream recipe so I am posting it today.

Crush a cup of corn flakes and mix in 1/4 c sugar and 1 T cinnamon. Melt a bit of butter in a skillet and brown a small tortilla for each person. Lay the tortilla on a plate and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.

Scoop ice cream ( I use vanilla but my kids like chocolate for this, too). The ice cream needs to be packed into a pretty tight ball. Roll the ice cream in the cornflakes mixture and place on the tortilla. Top with whipped topping, cherries, hot fudge, whatever you like.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment