Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Farmhouse Chicken

I found this recipe in a magazine ages ago and have made it some many times that when I lost the recipe it didn't matter. It is always a hit with my kids.

Marinate boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders in a little (1/2 c) Italian salad dressing. Heat a skillet with a little butter or oil and cook the ckicken till brown on bothe sides and done through. Remove the chicken. Add about a cupof liquid to the pan. Broth is good, red wine is better, I use about 1/2 cup of each. Stir and scrape to get the browned bit off. Add 3-4 ounces cream cheese. I use low fat. Fat free doesn't melt right. I also add a spoonful of sour crean (fat free does work fine, here) Stir with a whisk to incorporate well with the liquid. It won't be totally smooth. Return the chicken to the pan and cover, stirring often for 10-15 minutes.

Serve over noodles or rice. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment