Monday, August 24, 2009

Is This The End?

Tonight I am grilling hamburgers, nothing fancy. The meat is just an afterthought tonight, the star of supper will be the vegetables.

I am finishing up the last of some of my favorite summer veggies. I am frying squash, grilling okra and baking eggplant. The squash is easy, slice, toss if corn meal and fry. The okra is drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper and grilled till very dark. Yummy. My 6 year old eats okra like candy when I cook it like this. The eggplant I peel and slice, dip in egg and breadcrumbs and bake at 400 till tender, serve with marinara sauce. If I can find one in the jungle that is now my garden, I might even fry a green tomato. Slice the tomato, soak in a little milk, dip in corn meal and fry. This is probably the last of these vegetables for the season so I am going to enjoy them while they last. Have a nice Monday, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment