Saturday, August 15, 2009

Experimenting

Tonight I am planning on making a rib roast. I had one in the freezer and have never cooked one so today I am playing with this one.

The recipe I found instructed me to season flour with salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and thyme and rub into the standing rib roast well. Pre-heat the oven to 400 and let cook for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 250 and let roast cook 20 minutes per pound ( for medium rare). Let rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.

I also have some new potatoes that I will drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the same seasoning I used on the meat (minus the flour) and roast, too. I like horseradish on my beef, but my family prefers au jus, so I will use the dripping from the roast, along with a can of beef broth and a little red wine or bourbon, reduced down a bit to make that for them. It seems fancy, but it is really just a roast in the oven.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment